Friday, November 22, 2013

ABC's of Thanksgiving: Letter V


I am grateful for "V"acations. I always look forward to vacations from work and every day life. It's not that I don't like working or my life. I feel I give my employer all of me when I am there and that I do what I do well. I just know myself and that I need to take opportunities to recharge and refocus and time away helps me do that. I already talked the other day on here about my love for traveling and I think this is a part of that. I take every chance I get to step away from my every day life and decompress and I think I am a better employee and person because of that.

ARUP really emphasized the importance of a work/life balance and I can see the importance of that. I don't think it is healthy to become too focused on your work. If you work full-time then you already spend more time at work than doing anything else in your life. So when you get the chance, take a step back and don't feel guilty for doing so. When we die it is our family we take with us not what we have accomplished at work. If I had the money I would be taking advantage of time off next week and would be enjoying a much needed vacation. 

No comments: