Thursday, November 21, 2013

ABC's of Thanksgiving: Letter U


I am thankful I get to live in "U"tah and in particular Cache Valley. I love where I live. I have visited a lot of other places but am always glad to come home. What other state has such diverse climates and scenery? We have everything from desert and red rock to mountains and valleys. I do have to admit the cold is getting to me more this year than it has other years. I don't know if it's that I'm getting older, the arthritis that has developed in my knees making me more sensitive, or what. I haven't been warm at work at all this week. I'm going to have to break down and take in a heater. I'm just afraid of blowing a fuse. That would be embarrassing. 

I do have to admit that those who have always said Cache Valley is much colder than Salt Lake are right. I never thought it was that big of a difference until I lived down there for a couple of years. I can now say with certainty that there is about a 10 degree difference. I have learned the last two years that this girl is a country girl through and through. I am grateful to live in this beautiful valley and am blessed that so many of my family like living here too.

No comments: