Friday, November 8, 2013

ABC's of Thanksgiving: Letter H


 
Heading Out For A Ride

I am thankful for "H"orses. Horses are beautiful animals and I love watching them. My favorite are palominos. I think their coloring is  beautiful. The Man From Snowy River is one of my favorite movies due to the horses. There isn't anything better for relieving stress than a horse ride in October through the fall leaves in the mountains on a warm sunny day. Since I was young I have loved getting up to deer camp in hopes of fitting in a horse ride. I always rode Duchess and was so sad when she died. Unfortunately I haven't made it the last two years. Maybe now that I am moving back to the promised land I will be able to get in a ride next year.

Horses and my cousin Brian have also caused me to be ridiculed frequently over the years. When I was young and thought Brian was the expert on all things he told me horses never lie down so if they do they are sick or dying. I of course believed him and passed on my knowledge to my siblings. This resulted in me being teased to this day. If I am in their presence and we see a horse lying down the teasing immediately starts about how it must be dead. It's a good thing I love my family.




No comments: