Monday, November 4, 2013

ABC's of Thanksgiving: Letter D


I am thankful for my Dad. I can't even count the number of things he does for me all the time. I had pretty much the worst week ever last week and he made mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner yesterday and I know it was just for me. And when I got to their place Thursday night he even had chocolate milk in the fridge.

On my last day at the Cache School District we were carpooling. When I picked him up he told me to go to Smith's.  He came out with chocolate milk and dessert and we sat in the car and ate it while I cried. He said we were "wollowing" in my sorrow, but then we were going to have to pick it up and move on.

He calls me Kamster and if I'm sitting in the recliner when he comes in the front door I can count on my hair being messed up as he walks by and ruffles it with his hand. He is 110% supportive of me and my decisions. I can count on his total support. He is always willing to give me a blessing to help me through my current crisis (of which there have been way too many the last few years).

I love his quirky sense of humor. You never know what he might come up with next. I appreciate and love my Dad so much and am so very grateful for him and the wonderful influence he is in my life.


No comments: