Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wicked Witch


Have you ever felt as if you have no control of the words or tone that come out of your mouth? A couple of weeks ago my anti-depressant was changed for various reasons. On Thursday it was like someone flipped a switch inside of me and I became a totally different person. I felt like I was hanging onto sanity by a rope that was slowly fraying and I was losing my grip. By Friday afternoon it was all I could do to sit at work. Kyle called and said he was pulling out of the driveway to pick me up. So I was down in the lobby and waiting 20 minutes later and he didn't show up for another 15 minutes, because he stopped to wash the car. Of course this was a very nice thing for him to do, but by the time he got there I was ready to strangle him.

She kept pretending she was going to squirt us.
Things went downhill with my mood from there. It didn't matter what Kyle said I had a snarky reply for it. I also had a small breakdown in the parking lot of the WalMart in Logan. My opinion is that everyone has a certain voice they use when they are in a mood or upset that is different from their normal tone. In my family we refer to that as "The Voice." Tyler has a very distinct tone he uses when he is worked up and when we comment that he is using "The Voice" he totally hates it. The thing was I knew how I was acting and I knew it was mean and rude and yet everything I said still came out in "The Voice". I eventually just tried to quit talking, it was nicer.  Anyway back on track.


He didn't care it was only 12" deep
Aside from my breakdown there were several other minor problems from Thursday to Monday I had to deal with which totally didn't help things. Although in spite of all of these I really did have a fun weekend with my family and enjoy some quality time with Garrett and Abby at Bear Lake. And the temperature was only in the 80's (be jealous).

Anyway needless to say by the time I was able to get into see my doctor this morning I was totally on edge and in tears. We have made changes and I anticipate within a week or so I'll be back on an even keel. Also I'm hoping the knee pain from the arthritis will be more bearable as well. I also begged for Kyle's forgiveness and he has been very understanding. Although, he did almost jump for joy when he found out I had an appointment with the doctor.

I think most women can understand this whether they are on medication for chemical imbalances/depression or not. I am optimistic I will be able to enjoy our trip to the Scentsy Convention. We leave tomorrow. Let's pray things go well on this trip.

No comments: