Monday, July 15, 2013

Day #11 - Our Adventure (last day)


We are on standby for a flight leaving here (Indianapolis) tonight at 7:00 pm and then from Detroit around 10:00 pm. We talked to the hotel manager and he agreed to let us stay as long as we needed and he didn't charge us anything for it. You don't run into that level of kindness everyday.

We got right onto the flight out of Indianapolis with no problems. There was plenty of room on the plane. The 2nd leg was a crap shoot. It was a small plane and a lot of people were in the area. When we got to the gate and checked in with the lady there she told Kyle, "no problem, just have a seat and wait". I would not have made it through the airport without Kyle's cane. I ended up using it to get through both airports and it was a life saver for sure. He probably could have used it with his huge blister/sore but never said a word. He takes good care of me.

We were to take off around 10:00 sometime, but there were several different "mechanical difficulties" and things were delayed more than once. We ended up getting home early Monday morning and we were both exhausted. By the time we got the car and everything loaded and got home we'd had it. Then the 3 cars at the house were parked so close in the driveway we couldn't get our luggage through. I was bugged because Kyle's car was even on the the driveway. I don't get why he can't park on the street. It's one of those issues he has a "thing" about it that make no sense to me but make perfect sense to him. I grabbed what bags I could get through with and hobbled in the house, got ready for bed and hit the sheets. Somehow Kyle got it in the house, but I'm not sure on those logistics.

And that my friends is the story of our summer vacation. If you made it to Day #11 then you are very dedicated and enjoy a great friend reward which I hereby bestow upon you.

No comments: