Thursday, March 25, 2010

What The...

On the way home from his doctors appointment in Logan this morning Kyle stopped at Macey's to pick up some milk.  Imagine his surprise when he came out of the store and opened up the car door to find this sitting in the backseat.


He had left the moon roof on the car open and somehow this wild turkey had fallen into the car.  He says he gathered quite a crowd as he tried to get it out of the car.  When he would open the front door the turkey would climb into the backseat.  When he opened the back doors he would go into the front seat.  Finally all the doors in the car were open and the turkey still didn't seem to have any intention of leaving.  Finally one of the guys watching climbed into the front seat while Kyle climbed into the back of the car.  This succeeded in scaring the turkey out the back door.  Kyle said it then sat in the parking lot and squawked at them like it was yelling at them for making him leave the warm car.  Luckily the turkey didn't leave us any nasty presents in the car. 

I wish I had been there to see it.  I bet it was even funnier to watch the whole thing than it is to hear about it.  There have been wild turkeys all over the south end of the valley this winter.  I've seen several on the highway causing traffic problems between Logan and College Ward.  I've almost run over one with my car but I hadn't ever worried about running into one inside my car. 

5 comments:

Mindy M. said...

That would have made a great Thanksgiving feast!! Why did he let it go??

Emily M said...

Okay- that is HILARIOUS!!! I can't believe it really got into your car!

Natalie said...

I love this story! Definitely one for the ages. I agree with you--I would've loved to have been there! I'm just so glad it didn't destroy your car. :)

Brett and Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you blogged about this. That story is so hilarious! Brett was laughing his head off while I was reading it to him. I bet Kyle won't be coming out of Macy's anytime soon without thinking if there's a turkey in his car....

Darin and BettyJo Noe said...

That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing poor Kyle's story! LOVED IT!