Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Family Is Everything

I just need to take a minute today to express my appreciation for my family.  I would be so ungrateful if I didn't.  I'm not sure I do that often enough and even though they can drive me crazy at times I wouldn't give them up for anything in the world.  They are my best friends and my support system.  They are always there when I need them and I don't know what I would do without them.  We had a scare yesterday with Kyle.  Marlee and Marijka where right there doing everything they could and letting me know what was going on.  While I was still reeling from getting the call and trying to figure out what I needed to be doing my phone rang.  It was my aunt Susan and her first words were "I heard what's going on, what do you need me to do?"  She helped me to be calm and figure out where I needed to be and what I needed to be doing.   Mom, Marlee, Marijka, Susan, and Dad all showed up at the ER before it was over to make sure we were okay and that we didn't need them to do anything.  By the end of the night I had received words of love and support from Janalee, Tyler, Emily and Natalie as well. 

The problem turned out to be caused mainly by Kyle's blood sugar being four times what it should have been and some medication problems.  Everything is fine now and Kyle is at home.  The situation could have turned out much worse and I know it's thanks in large part to my family and their actions that it didn't.  Of course Heavenly Father was also watching over us yesterday and blessed us more than I think we will ever know.   The greatest blessings he has ever given me are my family and Kyle.  The whole experience just brought home to me how important it is to have good relationships with your family.  They can sure make life easier.  They were all a great help to me yesterday just by letting me know they were there if I needed them, giving me a shoulder to cry on, and by providing me with chocolate milk.  I couldn't make it through a day without you all.  Thank you for loving me and Kyle!!! 

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh my! I'm sorry you had to endure all of that, but so grateful that you have such a loving and supportive family.

I wouldn't trade my own family for any other of course, but I just have to say that even since I've known you, I've been so inspired by the way you all take care of each other so well. You are lucky lucky (and you know it.)

Marlee Anderson said...

It was a rough day. I am so glad everything turned out ok. When I think of how things could have gone I get sick to my stomach. I am so glad I was there and able to let you know what was going on. We were very blessed with how everything turned out:)