Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Weekend of Fun

Kyle and I started our weekend out by tending Brooklyn, Gracie, Garrett, Abby, and the 4 dogs Friday night.  It went surprisingly well and the kids were all very well behaved.  Brooklyn was very put out with Kyle and told her parents that he hogged Abby all night and she only got to hold her for a few minutes.  She was quite annoyed.

Saturday morning found us in Riverton for Kyle's nephew Spencer's baptism.  Spencer looked so grown up and handsome in his suit.  We are so proud of him for deciding to be baptized and were thrilled that he invited us to share his special day with him. 

Saturday night Dad took us out to dinner to celebrate Kyle's new job.  We went with Mom, Dad, Marlee and Tyler to a new restaurant in Logan called Smokin' Blues Barbeque.  It is in the building where Kate's Kitchen was before it went out of business.  We all ordered something different and everything we had was delicious.  I had the pulled pork and it was wonderful.  They have 3 different BBQ sauces that they make from scratch.  I really loved 2 of them.  The 3rd was too spicy for me.  Their baked beans are really good and I really like the smoked chips as well.  The prices were reasonable which is always a plus.  I highly recommend you give this restaurant a try.  We will definitely be going back. 

Sunday we drove over to the cabin in Bear Lake after church and dropped off a mattress.  Sunday night we went out to Newton and celebrated Garrett's 2nd birthday with the Petersen's.  Garrett is so darn cute.  I love how much he is talking now.   On Friday night I gave him a marshmallow and he said, "Thank you so much."  He is repeats everything you say so you have to be careful. 

It was a busy weekend, but we enjoyed spending time with so much of our family.  We sure love them and appreciate all the love and support they give us.  Kyle has started at the new job yesterday and I think he is going to enjoy it.  His knee surgery is scheduled for Monday, but his blood sugar has been all over the place lately so I wonder if they will still do it.   I sure hope we can get his health stabilized soon.  We found out yesterday that he is having his left eye operated on on the 26th.  Being worried about him all the time is wearing me out.  If it's not one thing then it's another.  Please pray that things calm down soon. 

No comments: