Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Confirmation of My Beliefs

Today was my cousin Kurt's wedding. It was a very nice ceremony and it was good to see family we don't see very often. Charnelle looked beautiful and Kurt looked very handsome in his tux. They were married at a Stake Center and then they had a dinner after the ceremony.

I'm 33 years old and I have never been married. I have to tell you that there have been moments when I have wondered if it is worth holding out for a temple marriage. I have wondered if life would have been easier and less lonely if I was willing to settle for something less. But as I sat there today and compared the atmosphere of Kurt's wedding to the temple weddings I have attended, I came to the realization that I want nothing less than an eternal marriage in the temple. I want to kneel across the alter from my husband in the temple of the Lord, surrounded by my family and friends, knowing without a doubt that I am going to be with him for eternity.

I know as I sit here tonight that the choices and sacrifices I have made have been worth it and I pray that I am able to continue to make good choices and someday have the opportunity for an eternal marriage in the temple of the Lord.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Kami you are amazing. I love your blog. I know at times you wonder when it will be your turn. As you have been promised in your blessings, it will be soon. I am so proud of you that you realize what blessings are in store for you if you wait for your temple marriage. I love you! You are a wonderful daughter.

Charlotte said...

I wondered the same thing.

Often.

It's been sooooo worth the wait.

Mindy M. said...

You are amazing! Never waiver from your beliefs or standards and always strive to be the great person you are. There is no better happiness than to be married in the temple to your best friend!

Natalie said...

Oh Kami--reading this got me all teary because I love you so much and I am so proud of you. I've thought before about how easy it would have been for you to settle than less, but you remained faithful and true. I can only imagine the great blessings the Lord has in store for you.