Thursday, March 12, 2009

Surrounded by Greatness

Greatness is achieved not only by those who become political leaders or wealthy men, or award winning athletes. It is found in the people we look at every day, but never really see. It is in my dad, who has worked at the same job for 35 years to support his family. It is in my mom, who has helped raise more kids than I can count. It is in my grandma, who devoted over 60 years of her life to caring and loving my grandpa. Greatness is everywhere. It surrounds us every day, in everything we see. It hides in the accomplishments of ordinary people, passing unnoticed, in little things.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great post, you're absolutley right!

Natalie said...

I love your new blog! You are so profound. It's amazing to compare the Lord's definition of greatness to the world's. You hit the nail right on the head!

And yes--you're right about your mom raising more kids than you can count. I'm glad to be one of them and Garrett is already well on his way!