Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seasons of Rain

This quote was in the book I just read. It stuck with me and I thought I would share it with you.

"Indian wisdom says our lives are rivers. We are born somewhere small and quiet and we move toward a place we cannot see, but only imagine. Along our journey, people and events flow into us, and we are created of everywhere and everyone we have passed. Each event, each person, changes us in some way. Even in times of drought we are still moving and growing, but it is during seasons of rain that we expand the most-when water flows from all directions, sweeping at terrifying speed, chasing against rocks, spilling over boundaries. These are painful times, but they enable us to carry burdens we could never have thought possible. Floods are painful but necessary. They keep us clear and strong. They move our lives onto new paths."

The book was Tending Roses by Lisa Wingate and I would highly recommend it.

No comments: