Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Tribute To Joseph

"It is good to look back to the past to gain appreciation for the present and perspective for the future. It is good to look upon the virtues of those who have gone before, to gain strength for whatever lies ahead. It is good to reflect upon the work of those who have labored so hard and gained so little in this world, but out of whose dreams and early plans, so well nurtured, has come a great harvest of which we are the beneficiaries.” President Gordon B. Hinckley

Last night Mom, Marijka, Jan, Susan, Craig, Natalie, Greg, Brett and I attended The Nashville Tribute Band's concert in Smithfield (thanks Natalie for getting the tickets). For those of you who haven't heard of them they have released 2 amazing albums. The first "Joseph - A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet" contains songs relating to Joseph Smith. The story behind that album can be found here: http://www.nashvilletribute.com/behind.html. The second album "Trek - A Nashville Tribute to the Pioneers" contains songs about the saints trek to Utah. If you have never heard them you really need to check these songs out. I guarantee that some of the songs on the albums will move you to tears. The man who wrote the majority of the songs is named Jason Deere. He has an amazing testimony of Joseph Smith and our pioneer ancestors. I have attached a link to his blog on the right under Nashville Tribute Band.

Karen Luthi gave me the Joseph CD for my birthday several years ago. I credit that CD for helping strengthen my testimony of Joseph Smith. Those songs brought him alive for me as nothing else ever has. And not just him, but also Emma, Hyrum, Porter Rockwell and others.

Joseph Smith was such an amazing man. There is no doubt in my mind that he was a prophet of the Lord. He went through so much and yet never lost his faith. I don't think I could be that strong. His wife Emma stood by him until the very end and was an incredible woman. I think Joseph Smith would be so proud of the gentlemen in the Nashville Tribute band for the awesome missionary work they are doing and the impact they are having on people. Music is such a powerful thing and their songs are so moving. I am so grateful that I was able to attend their concert last night and feel of their spirit.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I loved this concert and will be definitely attending again. Thanks for going early and fighting the madness to get us seats. You're great!