Friday, February 12, 2010

Sunset in Yellowstone

I'm back to blogging about random pictures.  Both of these picture were taken in Yellowstone this July on different days at sunset.  I think Yellowstone is one of the most beautiful places in the world.  I always hate it when we see an area that has been burned in a fire.  It leaves such destruction behind.  But then in another year or two when we come back the area will be filled with wild flowers and new trees will have started to grow to replace the old ones and even with all the dark stumps still there, it will be beautiful.  I think one of the reasons I love it there so much is because it always reminds me of my Heavenly Father and the amazing things he has created for me.  It also holds a lot of memories for me of people who have passed on.   I have memories of spending time fishing on the lake with all of my grandparents.  Memories of Howard, Venice, and Kaye race through my mind when I think of Yellowstone.  

I love that I can make memories there with my own family now.  It was so much fun to take Kyle there this summer and spend time falling in love with him as I got to know him better.  We were talking the other night about how good things are in our relationship right now.  The first month or two after we got married were not easy.  It was a struggle to learn how to maintain our independence but yet be a couple as well.  Learning to account to someone else for the money we spent wasn't easy either.  But with time, love and patience on both our parts we are learning.  We are happy and we are loving being together.  There are good days and bad days, but there are by far more good days than bad and as time goes on the bad days get fewer and farther apart.  I love Kyle with all my heart.  He was definitely worth the wait.  He is my prince charming and I thank my Heavenly Father for sending him to me.

There were times over the years when we easily could have met.  We went to several of the same concerts and were even in Yellowstone at the same time the last couple of years.  He drove by our accident on I-15 with his parents before the ambulance was even there.  His Mom said there were lots of people helping and they could hear the sirens coming so they didn't stop.  But the sight of the blue cooler sitting on the side of the road has always stuck with her and she always wondered how badly the people in the wreck were injured.  When I posted the pictures last week and they saw them then we knew for sure it was the same accident that they saw.   Heavenly Father has a reason for bringing us together when he did.  I am grateful for the experiences I have had over the years as I waited for Kyle to come along.  I've done a lot of fun things and been a lot of great places.  I think the maturity I have developed and things I have dealt with up to now make me a better wife.  My Heavenly Father has a plan for Kyle and I and I am so excited to see how things evolve in the coming years.

No comments: