Monday, February 8, 2010

In The Blink of an Eye

The last couple of months I have somehow been finding blogs of people who are enduring unspeakable hardships.  As read of their trials and their hardships it makes me realize how grateful I am for my own life.  I will take my trials anyday over what they are dealing with.  Life can change in an instant.  Maybe the reason I have been led to their blogs is to teach me to be grateful for what I have.  I hope I never have to experience the things these amazing women have dealt with.  But should it ever happen I hope I can handle it with the grace and faith these women have shown.  What an amazing example they all are. 

Stephanie Nielsen was severely burned in a plane crash.  The fact that she survived the crash is a miracle.  The pain she endures everyday is more than I can even bear to contemplate.  She is an inspiration to me.  I read her blog everyday: http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ She is currently in Arizona undergoing a procedure to help create skin to reconstruct her neck and chin.  She is an amazing woman.

Katherine Wolf suffered a brain aneurism.  The doctors said she shouldn't have made it.  She has had to learn to do everything again.  Talk, walk, eat, everything.  She is still struggling with walking and some other things.  But the fact that she has come as far as she has, is again a miracle.  I feel for her and I am in awe of her courage.  http://www.katherinewolf.info/

Alexa has the most positive outlook on life.  She woke up in the middle of the night to find her husband, Chellis, having a stroke in bed beside her.  His right side was completely paralyzed and he is now learning to walk again.  She has the funnest personality and amazes me with her great attitude.  I love to read her blog: http://chellisandalex.blogspot.com/

Bronson Staker drowned in his bathtub on January 30th.  This is his mother's blog about the nightmare she has been living through for the past 11 days.  If you read it I suggest you start on the February 1st post and read forward to now.  What a horrible thing for a family to live through.  I can't even imagine their pain.  Luckily things are looking better for them today. http://stakerzxposed.blogspot.com/

I'm sure there are hundreds more blogs out there sharing the trials of amazing men and women.  You don't have to look far to find someone worse off than you are.  Today I think I will hug my loved ones a little tighter and thank my Heavenly Father for the blessings I have.  Life can change in the blink of an eye. 

1 comment:

Mindy M. said...

I am glad I am not the only 'lurker'. I love to read about others people's lives too. I love the NieNie blog. She was on Oprah at the end of last year and I fell in love with her positive attitude!! The girls at my work grew up with her and said she is amazing!! Love the other blogs too. Gave me a good attitude adjustment today to read some of them. Oh how grateful I am for my little struggles. Thanks for the reminder!! Hope all is well with your family!! Love ya ~ ~ ~ Mindy