Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5th Photo of the Day

Have any of you taken my challenge to post a random picture and blog about it?  Work has been really boring lately so I could use some new posts from you to read and help pass the time.  It's the least you could do for me, don't you think? 

Today's picture is from a trip my family took to Yellowstone in August of 2004. Tyler stayed home and so he missed out on the fun.  We camped at Bridge Bay in a trailer we rented.  It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun. We took a ride down a random side road and were able to see a black bear down in a ravine right off of the road. We sat and watched it eat berries and bugs for a long time.  It was a really neat experience.  Everytime it made a move toward the road we would all start to back up towards the car.  We had the doors open and were ready to make a run for it at any moment.  We love Yellowstone and make a trip up there as often as we can.  Except for 2007 we have been there every summer since this trip.  I remember fishing here with Grandpa and Grandma in the old blue boat and having picnics on the beach with my aunts and all my cousins.  Yellowstone is my happy place.  Some of my most precious memories are from trips there over the years.  It was so much fun to spend a week there with Kyle this last summer and share my favorite places with him.    We have all changed a little since this picture 5 1/2 years ago.

No comments: