Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4th Photo of the Day

I decided to carry on my idea of yesterday and this is the random picture that I came up with today:


This is a picture of the inside of the truck after the accident Dad, Marijka, and I were in in April of 2008. We were coming home from Mexico. We were in the truck and were pulling a bumper hitch travel trailer. The tire came off of the trailer while we were driving on I-15 just past Fillmore. We rolled 3 times. I was laying down in the passenger seat with my feet up on the dash at the time of the accident. My knees went through the windshield and were both cut open all the way down to the bone. Dad was okay and Marijka had a little scratch on her hand.

This picture actually makes me sick to my stomach because it shows that if I had the seat sitting up instead of laying down at the time of the accident I probably would have received severe head injuries and most likely would have been killed. Had I been sitting up my head would have been right where the roof is smashed in the most. My Heavenly Father and guardian angels were definitely watching over me that day. We were all very blessed to walk away, or in my case limp away from the accident.

For thos of you who didn't know us back then here are a couple of other pictures. You can also view my scrapbook pages on Marlee's blog at: http://marleesmemories.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-post.html

The aftermath:

Waiting for help:

What was once our trailer:

1 comment:

KDSteck said...

Those pictures are crazy scarey! It could have been so much worse that it actually was. How happy I am that it all turned out ok in the end. What a fun bloggin idea, I may just take part of the action!