Friday, August 28, 2009

Darn That Bug!!

Kyle told me his hand was sore on Monday and we talked about how he must have hit it on a door or counter or something as he was walking by. But it wasn't bruised or anything. Tuesday morning we noticed it was a little red. By Wednesday night when I looked at it again his whole hand was red, swollen, and was hurting him a lot.

Last night after we went to dinner with everyone at Fredrico's for Emily's birthday we decided to go into InstaCare and have it checked out. Turns out he has been bitten by something. Probably a bug or spider. This would explain the throwing up and the doctor said could even have contributed to the fast heart rate and high blood pressure. Kyle is now on a high dose of antibiotics and we should notice an improvement in the look of his hand by tomorrow.

I'm thinking of investing in a bubble for Kyle to live in. He thinks I'm kidding about it, but I'm beginning to think it might be a good idea.

No comments: