Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Perfect Day


After much drama I now have a gorgeous ring on my finger. I was getting ready to leave work yesterday afternoon to go get ready to get our formal pictures taken in Salt Lake when Kyle walked into my office. He got down on one knee in front of me, held out the ring, and asked me if I would marry him. He took me off guard and I answered, "well yeah". If I had picked out the ring myself it couldn't be any more perfect for me. I told him I wanted white gold and a square diamond and he took it from there. He did such an awesome job. He had it made so that if you look at the ring from the side it forms a "W" for Willis which will be my married name. It forms one big "W' and it also forms 2 smaller ones on each side that join together.

Kyle is such a thoughtful guy. He is always worried about my feelings and making me happy. He drove all the way up from Salt Lake because he didn't want to just hand me the ring when we met for the pictures. He wanted it to be special for me even though he then had to turn right around and head back to Salt Lake to get his tux on for the pictures. I know a lot of men who wouldn't have done that. It made it even more special for me. He brought Mom, Marlee and Marijka along so there is a video posted over on the Anderson Family blog: http://whatsnewwiththeandersonfamily.blogspot.com/

We then rushed home where my amazing friend Leah was waiting to do my hair while Marlee did my makeup. They did an awesome job and I loved how it all turned out. I have an amazing support system and I couldn't accomplish a fraction of what I do in life without them. Thank you everyone!

The pictures went great. We were all a little late, but we all showed up around the same time so it turned out fine. We took a bunch at Wheeler Farm and then went up to the temple. Kyle's great grandparents owned Wheeler Farm and his mom lived there when she was a little girl so we thought it would be neat to have some pictures taken there. We had some taken on the porch of the old home she lived in. I think they are going to turn out great. We took Brooklyn with us and she followed along right next to the photographer and took pictures with Mom's camera. She takes amazingly good pictures for a 5 year old. She has loved being a part of planning this wedding with me and it's been fun to see how excited she is about everything. She told me I was beautiful and looked just like a princess.

The guy at the temple told us we are the first couple to have our wedding pictures taken at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, so that is kind of cool. There was a big group of girls there who were probably around 12 years old getting their picture taken in front of the temple. You can kind of see them in the background of the picture. They kind of followed us around at a distance and watched us and you could hear them saying how pretty I looked and it was fun to see their reaction to seeing us. I remember going to the temple as a little girl and seeing the brides and thinking how someday that would be me. Now my dream is really coming true. I was so glad that I could be that bride for those girls and I hope that they remember that goal throughout their lives. It's not everyday you run into a bride and groom at on a Tuesday night at a temple that's not even open. Kyle looked so handsome in his tux. I am marrying such a good looking man. I am hoping things are turning around for us as we didn't run into any major problems. Yesterday was a perfect day. I couldn't have asked for more.

6 comments:

Darin and BettyJo Noe said...

I can't wait to see the pics, I'm sure they are great! I also saw the video, and your right, he is a lucky guy! We just couldn't be happier for you, you soo deserve this. Congrats and the ring is BEAUTIFUL! I'm very impressed!!!

Mindy M. said...

I love it!! What a wonderful man he is and what a wonderful wife he is getting. I only hope for happiness for you and the new life you are about to begin. Love ya lots!!

Emily M said...

That really was sweet of him to drive all the way up to just turn right around! THe ring is beautiful and I am glad that everything went so smoothly for you yesterday! Thanks for taking Brooklyn along- she had a blast

Paula said...

I told Kami yesterday was going to be a beautiful day and it was in every way. Kyle called me on Monday and said he would pick up the ring Tuesday morning and he was coming up. I prayed hard that the ring would be ready and that everything would work out and it did. The timing was perfect right down to the minute. I wish everyone could have spent the whole day with us. It was so perfect. It is killing me not to post some of the bridal pictures we took, but Kami has told me NO!!! She looked absolutely beautiful and Kyle was very handsome. It was truly "A day dreams are made of!", which is a favorite saying in the Anderson/Petersen families.

Nicole said...

I am so happy for you. You are a wonderful person, and you have now found a wonderful man. I love your ring. I cannot wait to see it in person. I wish you all of the best, and many more wonderful days as you continue planning your wedding.

Charlotte said...

Beautiful ring, beautiful day. Good for you.

(Oh--and I watched the video. You didn't tell me that you're marrying a cowboy! Extra fun!)