Monday, August 10, 2009

And It Just Keeps Coming

Things have not calmed down or gotten any better since my last post. Here is the latest in my drama I am calling wedding planning: I was to go pick up my dress last Wednesday. When I got there the 2 ladies looked a little startled. It soon came to light that they had written down that the dress was to be done on the 15th instead of the 5th. When I looked at the original order sure enough it says the 5th. They asked if today was soon enough. With the way my luck is going I wasn't about to wait until the day before my bridal pictures to pick up the dress. Friday night I met with the lady we are renting the backdrop from and I was to be in Salt Lake all day Saturday with Kyle so those days were out as well. They said to come back tomorrow right before closing and the alterations would be done. At that point all I could do was laugh about it. We had Brooklyn with us and she was so mad!! All the way out of the store she was saying things like, "Can you believe they don't have Kami's dress done? I am so mad right now! Don't they know we wanted to see it?" Marlee and I were trying to get her to quit talking so loud, but she was ticked off. I was sceptical that the dress could be done, but when I went back it was ready and looks great.

Some of you probably don't know that I don't have an engagement ring yet. It has been one problem after another. First the guy who took the order left the country and didn't tell anyone where the order was so that delayed things a couple of weeks. We were to have it for sure 2 weeks ago. Then when they were sizing it down they broke the band and had to order in a new one. Thursday night Kyle got to break the news to me that there is a chance we aren't going to have the ring (the one I have yet to see) for the pictures tomorrow. The jeweler called him Thursday morning and told him it would be ready next Thursday. We had been told it would be done last week. There was a whole string of reasons. The main one being that with the band being custom it took longer to get the second one in and get things set, etc. The jeweler said he will "do his best" to have it done by tomorrow. I told Kyle to tell him if he didn't have it done he could keep it and we would get one somewhere else. Kyle freaked a little at that. I guess he designed this ring and is a little attached to it. I didn't realize that Kyle had designed the ring. So I've come to accept that I will not have a ring for tomorrow. If it does come in won't it be so romantic that Kyle gets to hand it to me when we meet to get the pictures done? I'm really ticked off about the whole ring situation, but I've tried to hold it together for Kyle's sake, because it really isn't his fault.

We went to pick up Kyle's tux on Saturday and the pants were too short, the jacket too small and the shirt was the wrong style. I'm sure glad we left enough time for them to get all that fixed. It should be fixed and ready by this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed.

On a positive note. Things did go well with getting the backdrop and other decorations ordered. The place we are dealing with is called Embellish the Moments. She has just finished making a brand new backdrop that I fell in love with as soon as I saw the pictures. It is going to be so much fun and I am really excited about it.

You know a couple of months ago I wondered it the problems meant maybe we weren't to be getting married. But I do know without a doubt after a couple of fathers blessings that we are meant to be together. So I have now decided that Satan has just decided to throw as much opposition at us as he can. So I guess it's up to us to weather the storm.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

It's all going to be okay. It's crazy, of course, and I agree with your guess that Satan is trying to throw a bunch of stuff at you to derail your marriage, (because really, what foils his plans more than two righteous people getting together and starting a family?), but honestly, it's all going to be okay. Eric and I went through a few problems ourselves (although honestly, I think you've had it worse)

--we sent out invitations that didn't have the names of his parents on them. (Oh, the tears I cried over that one!)(http://charlottelaughs.blogspot.com/2007/03/alas.html)

--one week before we were to get our engagement pictures taken, Eric got a big face disfiguring gash on his forehead that required thirteen stitches. (we rescheduled our pictures and everything turned out fine)

--two hours before our reception was to start, we couldn't find A SINGLE plastic fork, even though we'd purchased about 500 two months previously (kind of a problem when you're serving pie)(I found them in our pantry about four months later).

We did have my ring for our engagment pictures, but as it turned out, our favorite pictures didn't even show it.

Hang in there. You'll make it, and honestly, I bet you look back at all this and just laugh.

The Sagers said...

Kami, Hang in there. I think that the devil does try to stop something when he know just how right the two of you are for each other. Especially when he knows the kind of family the two of you will become. Just keep in mind that the more problems the better the marriage:) Remember my wedding day? Remember some of the lovely things that happened the months before? And look at us now. We are stronger for it, and it made that first year easier because we had already gone through such trying things. We love you and will pray that you and Kyle have the strength to endure whatever comes your way. Just remember how happy you will be on your wedding day when you kneel across the altar and know he's yours forever.

Emily M said...

I agree with what the other 2 have said. At least point- how can you not laugh?? (OK you probably can't yet, but the rest of us can.) :) It really has been on thing after another. But in the eternal scheme of things- they are just things. Hang in there!! love ya!