Friday, November 25, 2011

I Am Grateful For...

  • Kyle and the wonderful man he is and the great way he treats me and lets me know he loves me.
  • My Heavenly Father - when I've had no where else to turn he is always there to listen to me and somehow offer comfort that things will eventually be okay.
  • My aunt Kathy's positive attitude as she deals with the effects of Huntington's Disease.  I've never heard her complain and she is always so happy just to be with us.  What a great example for me.
  • Jenny, Blake and their boys and the selfless way they have taken Kathy into their home and the love and care they give her.  We should all be so Christlike. 
  • My Parent's and the unconditional love and support they always give us.
  • My Dad for loving Kyle like his own son and taking him under his wing.
  • My Family (extended too of course).  They are always there no matter what.
  • The Willis Family - They have loved me like their own.
  • My Friends - What would I do without their support?
  • The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the wonderful programs they have to help us.  I know I got my job because of the things I learned in the career class I took at the employment center.  They help so many people in so many ways.
  • My new job at ARUP - I am working with wonderful people who make me feel so welcome.
  • Modern medicine - I know Kyle wouldn't be here without it.
  • Great pharmacist's at Sam's Club - Roger and James have been wonderful to work with us.
  • Dr. Henninger - I asked him to perform a miracle and he did.  What more can I say.
  • That Kyle still has his foot - Prayers are answered.
  • The wonderful people I am working with - It makes going to work so much easier.
  • A nice car to drive - It's nice to be able to drive to work in warmth.
  • A nice place to live - Kyle's parents have been so generous in making us feel welcome.
  • Technology: laptop, ipod, cell phones - what would we do without them?
  • Nice clothes to wear
  • Lilly & Button
  • A comfortable bed to sleep in
  • My electric blanket
  • Alarm clocks
  • DVR - I'm addicted.  I can't stand to watch commercials anymore.
  • A comfortable pair of jeans - I would wear them everyday if I could.
  • A soft sweatshirt - Especially on a cold winters day.
  • Music - Especially the christmas music at this time of year.
  • Mom taught me to crosstitch and do other craft things - I find joy in creating beautiful things.
  • The answer to prayers in whatever way they come.
  • The blessings that have been in every challenge and trial we have been through.
  • Children - my nephews & nieces, and my cousin's little ones.
  • Hugs from the above mentioned children.
  • Britney who sends me cards just when I need them most.
  • The Internet
  • My wonderful grandparents and the life lessons they have taught me.
  • Being able to live in the house Grandma lived in for 3 years.  I felt comforted by that during some very hard times.
  • Marlee and her quirky sense of humor.
  • Marijka and her willingness to help me out with all kinds of projects.
  • Chocolate milk
  • Pudding - rice, chocolate, tapioca - I'm not too picky
  • Popcorn
  • Hot soup on a cold day
There is much more I'm sure I can come up with, but it's WAY past my bedtime so this will do for now.  I hope you all took a minute yesterday to remember what you are grateful for.

No comments: