Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gingerbread Houses w/the Kids


I decorated gingerbread houses tonight with Gracie, Brooklyn and Garrett. Gracie decided she needed to make a gingerbread house because she has a sweet tooth (that's what she told my Mom.) Someone (Mom I'm sure) told her I was the person she needed if she wanted to make one and so she's texted me video messages all last week telling me how excited she was to see me on Friday night to make a gingerbread house. So what else was I to do? The best part was that the kit I stopped and bought at Cosco on the way home from work was already put together so we only had to decorate it. SO MUCH EASIER!! I wonder how much of their houses they have already eaten.  Kids sure make the Holidays more fun.
Gracie is a happy girl!!!

Gingerbread House Decorating

The back of Gracie's House

Gracie's gingerbread man needed to be laying in the snow
and Brooklyn had to eat the legs off of hers so she
could be sure it wouldn't run away while she wasn't looking
Total concentration.  Brooklyn has green icing on her cheek
Garrett's Masterpiece.  He had to eat one of his gingerbread
men before he could go to bed that night.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow--could I look any worse in that first picture? YIKES! Although I look like I'm about to kill somebody in the picture, it was such a fun night and we appreciate you making it happen. Our house is still standing, but the tree, gingerbread man, and a good chunk of the little candies have been nibbled on.

It is sitting on our kitchen counter and it makes me smile every time I look at it. You're the best!

Brett and Chelsea said...

Sure do miss those kiddos. Glad you are able to spend some time with them. Gracie and Brooklyn told me all about it and had a blast doing it. Great idea! Perhaps it will/should become tradition?!?