Friday, May 20, 2011

When Seasons Change

There is a blog out there: http://thegypsymama.com/ that has what is called 5 minute Friday.  On Fridays she picks a topic and writes about it for 5 minutes and then posts it unedited. 

Today the topic is When seasons change...   This brings to mind two entirely different thought processes into my mind.  The first being that we have been in the season of spring now for what feels like forever and I'm thinking it may never change to summer.  Unlike a lot of people I could actually be fine with that.  I'm not a hot weather person.  The 60's and 70's are great for me.  It's been a little chillier than that around here but I'm still not minding it.  I am hoping for Janalee's sake that it doesn't rain tomorrow morning.  Her and Matt are having their pre-wedding pictures taken and so some dry weather for a few hours would be a nice thing for them.

This kind of brings me around to my other thought process about seasons changing and that is the seasons of life.  It never stays the same for long.  For me something new seems to be thrown at me on almost a daily basis.  Today was my last day working for the School District.  I am now unemployed and desperately searching for a decent job with good health insurance.  So please keep me in mind if you should hear of something.  Kyle and I have been living in a constant state of change since the moment we met.  Today we have been pushed into taking a giant step of faith.  We have no idea what is going to come next.  Luckily we can keep our insurance through Cobra.  Unfortunately that will take my entire unemployment each month to pay for it.  How are we going to pay our other bills?  No idea.  We do know Heavenly Father has a plan for us and all of these challenges are leading somewhere, but we have no idea where that might be.  So like I said: Faith.  Faith that someday soon it might become clear to us where we are going and why we have had to take this rough road to get there.

Another change of seasons is upon my family as Marijka graduates from high school on the 1st of June and Janalee and Matt get married on the 4th.  So even though it may seem like we are stuck in Spring the seasons of life are moving right along.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I thought your job was going to go through June 30. I'm so sorry. I've got my ear to the ground for you.