Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gross!!!

We are in the ICU at Logan Regional Hospital.  I brought Kyle into the ER last night with what we thought was bronchitis or pneumonia.  He started coughing on Thursday.  He had chills and a fever Friday night but it went away with Tylenol.  Then last night he started having a really hard time breathing and he was burning up.  I didn't dare go to bed in case he quit breathing and couldn't let me know so we decided he needed to be checked. 

After I think pretty much every test imaginable we ended up being admitted into the ICU with suspected sepsis.  The suspected culprit was his foot, but he still had the cast on so it couldn't be determined until we got the cast off this morning.  As you can see from the picture it is awful.  He hadn't even complained that it was hurting until Friday night. 

The treatment is no pressure on his heel at all and tons of different antibiotics and medications.  He is in pain and they have given him some morphine and lortab tonight and he is pretty much out of it.  He is still struggling with his breathing and his fever stays between 100 and 101.  He's a pretty sick guy. 

1 comment:

Britney said...

Oh my gosh Kami! I'm so sorry. I feel so horrible for you two. He is such a trooper isn't he. You both have been through so much. I love you and you're in our prayers! I don't want to call and bother you, but if you get a spare moment call me I'd love to talk anytime! :)