Thursday, April 21, 2011

Zions National Park

All the times we have been to St. George we haven't really ever explored the parks and things down there.  So this time we ventured forth and went to Zions on Thursday.  We took the bus on the scenic route and it was beautiful.  This time of year there were several waterfalls due to the spring run off.  Dad, Marlee, Marijka, and I went on a short hike and saw this huge squirrel.  We then drove over to the east entrance so we could drive through the mile long tunnel.  On our way back we saw a herd of bighorn sheep.  When we entered the park the ranger told us not to expect to see any because people rarely see them.  So we thought we were pretty lucky to see a whole herd of them.  There was a cute baby with them too.  Here are some videos and a bunch of pictures of our day.














3 comments:

Charlotte said...

You ARE lucky. I've never seen Big Horn Sheep at Zion National Park, and I've been there nearly every year since I was 7.

I'm jealous.

Natalie said...

Fun pictures! I'm glad you guys were feeling adventurous and had such a fun day.

Emily M said...

It looks beautiful!! You got some great pictures! I am also glad you guys were adventurous! I would like to check Zions out now.