Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blessed In Many Ways

Today as we were driving around Puerto Penasco and I was looking at the conditions that the people live in down here I was forced to reflect on all the many things that I take for granted. It makes me sick to see the darling little kids down here living in such squalor. Some houses are literally made out of cardboard.

I would like to be able to say that I won't take such things as having a bathroom and running water for granted ever again. But I'm sure that as soon as I get back home in my warm and comfortable house that it won't take long for me to forget the things I have seen on this trip. I'm not proud of that, but it's the reality of the situation.

So as I sit here in my comfy trailer I am going to take a few minutes to thank my Heavenly Father for the many things I have been blessed with in my life and when I go to negotiate the price on a souvenir and I don't get as good as deal as I would like I'm going to think about how much more that extra dollar will help them than it will me and I'm going to walk away with a smile. Because I'm blessed that I can afford to even take this vacation let alone buy souvenirs.

I am truly blessed in more ways than I could ever count and I am grateful for those blessings.

No comments: