Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Perfect Moment

"This Is A Perfect Moment"

I spent over 2 hours last night walking the reef with my bucket looking for shells and whatever other treasures I might happen upon. As I walked along the waves washed over my feet and the sun begin to set. All I could hear was the sound of the waves hitting the reef and the seagulls as they flew around. I thought to myself that it was a perfect moment. I was at complete peace with myself and the world around me if only for a couple of hours. I had nothing to worry about and nothing more important that I needed to be doing. It was just me and the beautiful world our Heavenly Father created. As I looked at all the incredible creations around me I was in awe of our Heavenly Father and the great vision he must have had when he put our world together. I have 2 favorite places in this world and they couldn't be more different. I love to go to Yellowstone National Park. To me it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I feel an incredible peace sitting around a campfire in the forest. The other is here on the beach in Puerto Penasco. I love to walk the reef looking for shells and sit on the beach by the fire and watch the sun sink into the ocean. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to experience the creations of my Heavenly Father and feel of his presence in the beauty of the world around me.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful trip, but I'm also glad you're home safe and sound! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

kat said...

That is a gorgeous pic. Glad you had such a great time!