Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Mother-In-Law, Hydee

My mother-in-law Hydee's birthday is today and it got me to thinking about her. Hydee and I have been through a lot together in the relatively short time I've known her. We've stood together over Kyle's stiff, unresponsive body waiting for the paramedics and breathing a sigh of relief together when they brought him out of it. Waited in more hospital waiting rooms than I care to remember. I'm ashamed to admit that I have never fully appreciated her for the strong woman that she. I would like to think I am seeing things more clearly now the last month or two.

Hydee is an amazing woman. She has more strength, determination, stamina, willpower, and imagination in her little finger than I will ever possess in my whole life. Hydee is not afraid to take a chance. She is a true entrepreneur. From the time her kids were little she has been taking her original ideas, creating them, and selling them. She currently owns, operates, and creates magic at Creative Expressions. 

She has raised 5 great children. Kevin, Karianne, Kory, and Katrina are all amazing in their own right and have wonderful spouses and children. There isn't much the Willis family can't accomplish when they put their talents together with Hydee as the ringleader. 

I was telling my family a couple of months ago what amazing grandparents Don and Hydee are. I told them that any child would be blessed to have them for grandparents and be part of their family. I don't see many Grandma's these days wrestling on the ground, jumping on the trampoline, and having water fights with their grandkids.  But it's a regular occurrence with Hydee. I loved the times Hydee took us to Lake Powell and only wish I could have made it there with the whole Willis family at least once. I've heard great stories of those trips. 

I just wanted to take this chance to let everyone know how much love and respect I have for Hydee. I will be forever grateful to her for raising a beautiful son with an amazingly special spirit. He brought a lot of love into my life. Hydee and Don helped Kyle and I out in so many ways. They selflessly took us into their home and did everything they could to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Even in her own grief Hydee has been worrying and checking up on me. Thank you for being an amazing Mom and loving and caring for Kyle. I know it wasn't an easy path, but you made his life here mean more than it ever could have if he hadn't had you for his Mom. He would want me to remind you how much he loved you. I love you too.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Hydee is a great person we were so grateful that she let you and Kyle live in their home and made you feel so welcome. Kyle loved his family so much and was always happy about their accomplishments and the things they were doing!