Sunday, April 6, 2014

Day of Blessings

On Thursday morning (Mar 6th) we met Katrina, Karianne, and Mandy at Berrett's Blossoms, a local flower shop to order the flowers for the funeral. They were so nice and did a beautiful job on the flowers.

That afternoon Mom and Dad went to a doctor appointment and I went to the hotel and made some phone calls. Kyle was receiving disability benefits through Social Security so I called them to let them know he had died. I discovered that the baby will be able to get some money once he is born. I didn't know that so it was wonderful to find out.

I had a little life insurance on Kyle from when I worked at ARUP. I have been going back and forth with CIGNA to get it transferred to a personal policy for the last couple of months. I mailed the paperwork and premiums Tuesday morning. Because of all the back and forth I had no idea whether I actually had the insurance or not. I was worried they would use the confusion to deny the claim. It turns out they were very nice and said once they received the check they would use the date on it, which was the 3rd, to record the payment and everything should be fine. It was a huge relief to know I will have that to help with the burial expenses. 

I turned out to be a day of blessings. I really felt my Heavenly Father's love for me. I strongly believe he is looking out for me in all of this.


1 comment:

Paula said...

I am amazed at the many blessings that have come our way. I know this is God"s plan but it doesn't make it any easier!