Saturday, July 28, 2012

24th of July


Kyle's sisters, Kat and Kari, pulled together a last minute BBQ on the 24th of July. We had a delicious dinner and  Darren and the boys let off some fireworks. The boys had fun playing with sparklers and smoke bombs. When it got dark the neighborhood was full of people letting off the big fireworks in the sky. The neighbors across the street put on a nice show for us. It was so amazing to have them going off right above our heads. We were completely surrounded by fireworks. It was a neat way to celebrate our pioneer heritage, even if I did have to work all day. When I think of the struggles they went through I know I don't have things too bad. I will take my life over their struggles any day. Back in their time if Kyle had the health problems he has now, he would have died long ago. Thank goodness for modern medicine and the progress it has made in the last 100 or so years. I am so grateful for my ancestors and the sacrifices they made to come to Utah so I could be raised with the gospel in my life.

I Love this picture of Weston!
The boys begging for more.
Setting up a smoke bomb display
The boys each got to a take a turn lighting a tower.
Kari enjoying her burger. It
was so tall she had to eat
it in pieces.
The boys love the fireworks, but not so much the noise.
This is what you call
sharing the swing.
The captive audience.

No comments: