Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Honeymoon

Kyle and I spent two nights after the wedding in the Romeo's Retreat room at the Anniversary Inn on 5th South in Salt Lake courtesy of my amazing sister Janalee. The room was amazing and we had a great time. On Monday we headed to St. Mary, Montana to visit Glacier National Park. We had a good time and the weather cooperated with us, so aside from being cold we didn't have any major bad weather to deal with.

We went on a horse ride one of the days and it was a lot of fun. After the stress of the last couple of months it was great for me to be able to just destress for an hour or so. I forget how much I love it until I get to do it again. I probably won't be able to make it up to deer camp for a ride this year after already taking so much time off of work so I'm glad I got to go for a ride, even if it was a short one.

We came home on Sunday ready to deal with Kyle having the pacemaker surgery on Thursday, only to receive word on Monday that the doctor has had to postpone it. It has been rescheduled for next Friday the 16th. Our house is currently a complete disaster so maybe we can get it cleaned up and Kyle unpacked and moved in by then so he won't have to come home from the hospital to a complete mess. He is quite upset about having to miss the chance to attend the opening night dinner at deer camp on Friday night. I've tried to reassure him there will be other years, but I'm not sure he's buying it.




1 comment:

Britney said...

I'm glad I just read your post. I've been thinking about you and Kyle all day. Kind of stinks the surgery was postponed, but like you said hopefully you can get all unpacked and moved in together. I remember how exciting that was. Glad you had a great trip. Love you!