Saturday, October 24, 2009

Kyle's Deer Camp Inititation

Kyle spent the week at deer camp with Dad, Uncle Craig and several other members of the family. It's quite the set up and I think he had a really good time. I don't think he was all that excited to come home today.

His surgery was delayed again. It is now scheduled for November 13th. This wasn't my choice and I'm not all that happy about it.

I went up to camp on Tuesday night after work because I was really missing Kyle and hadn't seen him since Friday night. They treated me to a dinner of salmon, steak, and shrimp scampi. It was quite the feast. They do eat well at camp. The best part of deer camp is that the men do all the cooking.

They needed supplies so I planned to go up again on Thursday night. I was able to convince Janalee, Tyler, Natalie and Garrett to go with me. We all packed into Tyler's truck and headed up the canyon. Garrett was in a great mood and laughed and giggled all the way there. When we got there Garrett and I went over to look at the horses and found Craig, Dad, and Kyle who had just came back from a horse ride. Brett came back not long after that and so he took Garrett for a ride.

Except for a brief trip when she was a little girl to see a deer Dad had shot, she hasn't ever had the deer camp experience. She has also never rode a horse. So Brett got her on the horse and gave her a little instruction.

Before long she was riding around camp on her own. I think she enjoyed herself and was glad she finally came. We once again enjoyed a delicious dinner. Turkey steaks and potatoes were on the menu for the night. Garrett loved the fire and spent a lot of time walking around finding little sticks, throwing them in, and watching them burn.

I leave in the morning for Orlando for a conference for work. I didn't know I was going until a few days ago. I'm filling in for a lady who wasn't able to go at the last minute. I'm sure I'll have fun once I get there but right now I'm not wanting to go pack or get up at the crack of dawn to go to the airport.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad Kyle was able to go to Deer Camp and have such a great time. You got some great pics! I love the one of Garrett with the big cheesy grin.