Thursday, September 27, 2012

"Filling Free"


You may or may not know that 8 years ago I had a weight loss surgery know as "LapBand." This is where they place a band around the top part of your stomach. The result is that you get full after eating only a small amount of food. The tightness of the band can be adjusted by "filling" it with saline (or removing saline) through a port that is under the skin in my abdomen.

To date I have lost 120 pounds. Half of that in just the last 18 months. There are certain foods that I have learned to avoid because they get "stuck" easily. This is very uncomfortable until it digests. Bread, beef, and lettuce are 3 of the main things I eat rarely.

So the reason for this story is that I haven't had a good hamburger in 8 years. I have dreamed of the Banzai burger at Red Robin that whole time.

For a few different reasons I had all of the saline from my band removed on Tuesday. So last night for Kyle and my anniversary we headed to Red Robin where I enjoyed every bite of a Banzai burger. It was just as good and just as messy as I remember. Is it weird that I could get so much enjoyment out of a hamburger?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you. You look so great and I didn't realize you had lost 120 lbs. That is awesome! The burger looks so good. I'm glad you enjoyed every bite!