Sunday, September 26, 2010

One Down Many More Years To Go

Today is Kyle and my 1st year wedding anniversary.  We went over to the cabin in Bear Lake Friday night and stayed until this afternoon.  It was nice to get away together for a couple of days.  The weather was perfect and the leaves were beautiful.  This morning Katrina, Darren and the boys came over to the Lake and we took the boys to see the beach and had lunch with them.  It was fun to spend time with them.  Their 3 boys are so cute and I love to give them hugs.  Tonight we had a fish fry at Mom and Dad's with the salmon Dad brought home from Alaska.  Kyle's parents; Katrina and Darren and the boys; and Kari and Jason came up from Salt Lake.  My family; Grandma; Susan and Craig; Brett and Chelsea; Emily and Sean and their girls; Karen; Janalee and Matt; and Bruce, Kelly, and Maggie James.  It was a lot of fun and we had more wonderful food than we could eat.

I look back on the past year and I can't believe everything we have been through together.  I've been gathering Kyle's medical records to try and get some disability benefits.  I started counting some things up and in the past year we have dealt with:

* Over 70 doctors appointments
* 4 Surgeries
* 5 nights in the hospital
* 4 trips to the ER
* 5 trips to InstaCare
* About 90 blood tests
* 5 tickets
* 1 car accident

I think that is all the highlights, at least the ones that stick out in my mind.  I love Kyle very much.  He is an amazing person and marrying him was the best thing I ever did.  I think that everything we have gone through has brought us closer together and made us both stronger.

The last couple of weeks I have really been struggling with my emotions and nerves but I know I am going to start feeling better and am hopeful that things will turn around for us soon.  So many family and friends have helped us out this past year.  We are always surrounded by love and are very grateful for it. 

All in all we had a really nice anniversary. 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you guys were able to enjoy a good first anniversary! Lots of people say the first year is the hardest, so let's hope it's all uphill from here. I'm so sad we missed the big fish fry! It sounds like it was a smashing success. We love you and are praying for you! Hang in there.

kat said...

Wow what a year! Hopefully the following years will be easier and with less doctors involved. You are amazing people and will come ahead stronger and more in love. Happy 1st year and best wishes for even happier years to come!!