Friday, April 2, 2010

The Glad Game

Today we are playing the glad game.  The reason I am playing the glad game is that I read Katherine's post at: http://www.katherinewolf.info/ yesterday and it got me thinking that I don't take time to think about the many things I am blessed with nearly as often as I should.  So here is a list of a few things that make me happy.  It could go on forever, but I'm short on time.

Things that make me happy:

Hearing Kyle laugh (not happening near enough lately)

Having amazing parents (couldn't live without them)

Loving siblings

Hershey's peanut butter easter eggs

Chocolate milk

Seeing how excited Tyler gets about putting something new on his truck

Holding Abby

An amazing and supportive extended family

Having one of the kids break into a big smile when they see me

When Garrett says, "Where are ya?"'

Fun sister-in-laws

When Lily and Button break into a happy dance when I come home

Ice cream

Watching a feel good movie

Leaving for vacation

Sleeping on a down pillow

Good in-laws

Marlee's shoulder and neck massages

Hitting a great sale on clothes

Friday's

Being married to an amazing guy

Red roses

Peanut butter moo'd jamba juice

A good book

Wearing a warm and comfy sweatshirt

A warm and cozy bed

The fit of a comfy pair of jeans

Hearing the birds sing outside my window in the morning

Reading comments on my blog

A garage to park my car in so I don't have to take time in
the morning to scrape the windows

Having a working washer and dryer in my house

Coming home from work to find the house vacuumed, the garbages emptied, the dishes done, and the clothes folded.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Love all the things that make you happy. I agree with all of them!! Sometimes we take for granted the small things and forget how very fortunate we are and the many 'things' we have. Hope all is well with your family!

Natalie said...

I love this glad game idea. "Pollyanna" will always be my favorite movie. It was fun reading your list. I'm glad Garrett and Abby made the cut, because they sure love you and Kyle!