Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Twenty Wishes

Debbie Macomber writes a series of books centered around a knitting shop located on Blossom Street. I highly recommend them and all the books she has written. Last year she came out with one by the name of "Twenty Wishes." The title came from the fact that the ladies in the book decided to make a list of twenty things they would like to do or accomplish in their life. Some were as simple as going on a vacation to a certain place, others as complex as meeting a father they had never known. Some people also call this kind of thing a Bucket List. The name of which came from a movie where two terminally ill men made a list of things they wanted to do before they "kicked the bucket." I will admit I had to go to http://www.askjeeves.com/ to find out why it was called a bucket list.

I really liked the idea of the Twenty Wishes and have made my own list. It is harder than you might think it would be. I actually only have 11 things on my list so far. The best part about the list is you can change it as your life changes and as you see your wishes come true then you can add new ones.

I am actually working on being able to cross a wish off of my list that has been there for many years and it is a great feeling. I encourage all of you to take some time and make a list of things you want to do in your lifetime. It is amazing how fast your life can change. Something that may have seemed completely unattainable just a short time ago may soon become within your reach. My life has changed so much in just a few months. It's hard to believe that I've known Kyle for such a short time and yet he is already such an important part of my life. You just never know what God has in store for you.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Just finished the book...it really got me thinking. Hope you had fun at Yellowstone. Can't wait to see pictures.
Brit

McGinnis Family said...

I, too, read this book and really enjoyed! Good read and definitely got me thinking!