Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Things

Friday night I tended Garrett and we went with Mom, Jan, Marlee, Brooklyn and Gracie to Willow Park. We ate some chicken mcnuggets and fries, played on the swings and slides, and walked through the park. As I was pushing Garrett and Gracie on the swings and watching them laugh and enjoy themselves the thought came to me that it had been way too long since I enjoyed such a simple thing as swinging on a swing. When we are children we get joy out of little things like watching fish in a pond or going down a slide. As we get older I think we get caught up in our everyday worries and I know I sometimes forget how to enjoy the simple things in life. So I spent a little time this weekend sitting outside and listening to the sounds of nature, playing with Lilly and Gracie and planting some flowers. Everything is so pretty and green outside right now. The blossoms and leaves are starting to come out on the trees and the tulips and daffodils are beautiful. I am working on taking the time to enjoy Spring before it is gone.

2 comments:

Emily M said...

Well said! Thanks again for your help with kids!

Paula said...

You are amazing Kami and have such a special talent in the way you express yourself. I feel honored to have a wonderful daughter like you. Thank you for the great Mother's Day weekend. I know you worked hard pulling it all together. I appreciate you so much and love you.