Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Is Thank You Too Much To Ask?

This may be random but I’m wondering what happened to the courtesy of sending a thank you card when you receive a gift from someone. I was taught when you receive a gift for graduation, a wedding, if someone gives you money to help you go on a school trip, etc. you send a thank you card to acknowledge the kindness. It really doesn’t seem too much to ask. When Kyle and I got married we received a gift of 2 blankets. We were never able to figure out who gave them to us. I still feel bad that whoever it was didn't get a thank you card from us. I didn’t receive one thank you note for the graduation gifts I gave last year. I receive them for only a small fraction of the wedding or shower gifts I give. I don’t expect them for birthdays, as I don’t do that myself even though I probably should. It seems to me if I am going to take the time, effort, and money to acknowledge a friends special day or accomplishment then they should be able to take the time to thank me. Heck, I’d even take a text. Any acknowledgement that they received the gift would be nice. I’m going to start sending checks in the mail instead of cash just so I know if the check is cashed that they received the gift. I’m really close to deciding if I don’t get a thank you note the first time they won’t be receiving a gift from me in the future. Thanks for letting me vent. I will get off of my soap box now.

No comments: