Friday, March 25, 2011

I Am Happiest When...

On a blog the other day (I can't remember which one) they were listing the things that made them happy in an attempt to help them through a hard time and lift their spirits.  Since I had absolutely not one thing to do at work I took up her challenge to do the same.  When I started I really didn't think it would be a very long list, but as I went along more and more things popped into my mind and I realized I have a lot more to be happy about than I originally thought.  Lucky you, you get the privilege of seeing my list (don't feel you have to read the whole thing).  I have to admit it did lift my spirits.  I encourage you to try it out if you are feeling a little low.

I am happiest when...
a I'm Reading a book.
a I'm with Kyle.
a I'm Reading scriptures and saying prayers with Kyle before bed.
a I'm having a nap.
a I pull in my driveway and know I am home.
a I'm with Kyle and our families on vacation.
a I'm snuggling with Kyle.
a I'm crossstitching and watching TV.
a I'm waking up without an alarm clock.
a Lilly (our dog) does her funny howling thing to let me know I have screwed up her life in some way and she wants it fixed right now.
a I'm decorating our home.
a I'm digital scrapbooking.
a The dogs do their happy dance when I come home.
a I'm listening to music.
a I'm talking to a good friend.
a Kyle comes up behind me, puts his arms around me, and nuzzles my neck.
a I'm living in a clean and organized home.
a The kids faces light up when they see me and I get a big hug.
a I can give money or gifts to others.
a I am helping someone else.
a I can come home from work and know I don't have anywhere else I have to go that night.
a I'm wearing comfy jeans and a roomy sweatshirt.
a I can smell rain in the air.
a My house smells good.
a I have a fire burning in the fireplace.
a I am sitting around a campfire at night.
a I'm visiting with my mom and sisters.
a I hear birds singing.
a I'm looking at the stars.
a My Dad calls me Kamster in a certain tone of voice he has. 
a I'm looking for shells and treasures on the beach.
a The bills are paid and there is still a little money in the bank.
a I am at the cabin in Bear Lake.
a I'm with Marlee (she has an awesome/wacky sense of humor and it's impossible to not enjoy being with her).
a We go camping in the trailer.
a I'm drinking a Peanut Butter Moo'd Jamba Juice.
a I'm in a different room than Kyle and Button (our other dog) comes into the room every 10 minutes to make sure I haven't disappeared.
a I'm eating Farr's chocolate/peanut butter ice cream.
a I find a great deal and can afford to buy it.
a I'm laying in the shade in a hammock.
a The leaves change color and the coolness of fall is in the air.
a The tulips and daffodils start to bloom.
a I turn out the light and snuggle into my pillow in my own bed at night.
a Lilly wants to lay by me (she usually parks herself about 3 feet away).
a I receive a surprise.
a I'm sitting in a dark room with only the christmas tree lights on.
a My plants grow & thrive.
a I find a convenience store that sells Orange Bang.
a Someone gives me flowers.
a I'm drinking chocolate milk and eating chocolate chip cookie dough.
a I'm watching a good show or movie.
a I'm getting on an airplane to go somewhere.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Now I'm craving Farrs PB Choc ice cream!

KDSteck said...

That is a GREAT list - I ahve to admit that this one made me laugh out loud (really loud) - I'm in a different room than Kyle and Button (our other dog) comes into the room every 10 minutes to make sure I haven't disappeared.

Britney said...

love that idea, and I agree with a lot of your "happiest whens". i'm starting my list now. :)

Marlee Anderson said...

I love the list but don't you think I should have been a little closer to the top? :)