Monday, May 10, 2010

Our Summer Adventure


Kyle and I are going to be spending our summer looking at this wonderful view:


Last Tuesday I posted a comment on Facebook hoping Kyle could find a job he would like, and hopefully it would happen soon.  That afternoon we got a lead, on Wednesday Kyle went and met the man in charge and Friday after meeting with me they offered us the job.  Now that's what I call a quick answer to my prayers. 

Starting tomorrow Kyle and I are going to be living in Bear Lake for the summer.  Kyle and I are working as carekeepers/housekeepers for a private family owned compound.  There are 4 cabins and several smaller living facilities on site.  There is a tennis court, beach, marina, boats, jet skis, 4-wheelers, and horses to be maintained and taken care off.  Part of the deal is that we will have an apartment in a really nice cabin on site for the summer. 

Kyle will be staying there full-time working with Gabe, the man in charge (who seems awesome), and I will be there on the weekends for sure and at least a couple of nights each week to do my part.  We are really excited and think it is going to be a great summer adventure.  I'm sure it will be a lot of hard work, but fun as well.  I can think of much worse places to spend my summer.  The owners have a lot of influence in Cache Valley so maybe it will lead to something else for Kyle come October when we are done with it.  Wish us luck!!!

3 comments:

Emily M said...

that does sound like a fun adventure! good luck!

Mindy M. said...

Now that sounds like a dream job come true! Where can I apply? You two will do a wonderful job and have a blast while working. Good luck and don't have TOO much fun!

MARNIE HAMMOND said...

congrats. Sounds like a wonderful experience. Have a very fun summer!