Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Busy Few Days


Thursday night we went to dinner with Jon & Jo's family and Grandma Pauline to celebrate her 81st birthday. I sure hope when I turn 81 I'm still going as strong as she is. While we were there Uncle Robert and Kim showed up and ended up joining us for dinner. They are in town for a few weeks for a visit. They have gone to Boise to see Tara's new baby but will be back for Christmas. After dinner Kyle and I finally got our Christmas tree in the house with a little help from Dad. As I got a strand of lights on the tree and half of them immediately went out I was reminded why I have had an artificial pre-lit Christmas tree up until now. Eventually we found enough working lights that we were able to get the tree decorated. Mom and Marlee pitched in and decorated the rest of the house for us. It's nice to have family around to help out.

Friday night we went to Willard with my family, Susan and Craig's family, and Karen Luthi to drive through the campground and see the Christmas lights display. It is quite the show and the kids loved it. They got to see Santa Claus again and Gracie didn't like him any better this time than she did before. After seeing the lights we ended the evening by going to the Center Street Grill for dinner.

On Saturday we drove to Salt Lake in the snow for the 3rd week in a row and went to the Forgotten Carols. It was as wonderful as it has been the other times I've attended the show and we really enjoyed it. We spent the night at Kyle's parents house and got up early Sunday morning and went to The Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert and The Spoken Word with his parents, Aunt Sally, Darren and Katrina. It was an amazing concert and we were so glad we were able to go.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'd never heard anything about the lights in Willard before. That might be something we'll have to try next year, when Heather is a little more aware of it all.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kami - Can you email me your new address? I need it!!! Love, Lisa